I hung up the microphone a couple of years ago, so when asked what I do, I answer, “I’m retired.” This morning, however, my wife gave me a new title. From now on, I will be known as (drumroll) – Facilities Manager of Squirrel Manor! I looked over the qualifications, and I do all this stuff.
- Develop and implement facility-related policies and procedures to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Manage the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of all facilities, equipment, and systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and groundskeeping.
- Supervise and manage a team of facilities staff and outside contractors to ensure that all work is completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with other departments to understand their needs and ensure that the facilities meet their requirements.
- Create and manage facility-related budgets, and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Identify and implement energy-saving initiatives to reduce costs and improve sustainability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including tenants, vendors, and contractors.
- Remain informed of new technologies and industry trends in facilities management.
So, all fellow Facility Managers need to stand proudly. Don’t let them hang that “retired homeowner” moniker on you.
Thought In Memory Of Thomas Brown
Be joyful because it is humanly possible.Wendell Berry